WELCOME TO THE CNI WEBPAGE
CAMPAIGN FOR NATIONAL INDEPENDENCE
Was, is and shall remain in favour of Maltese workers
and against Malta's membership of the European Union
We betrayed our independence when we voted in favour of integration in the European Union.
Because membership in the Union has again made us dependent on foreigners.
In many important sectors,
* we are not governed as when we were independent,
* according to the will of the majority of the Maltese people,
* but we have to do as is decided by the majority of the EU foreigners.
Membership in the union denied us from independence, and we would be deceiving ourselves when we celebrate the Independence that we exchanged with membership.
Because we are no longer independent,
* the Government cannot implement an economic policy suitable for our circumstances,
* but shall have to implement a policy dictated by the European Union which is not suitable for our country.
Since Independence until we became members in the Union, our Governments always understood that our living depends upon our income from the sale of products and service to foreigners.
That is why we need to be competitive, and to be competitive we have to control the cost of living and production expenses.
To control the cost of living and production expenses
* and for the mass of the people to move forward economically and socially,
* the governments of our country when it were independent
* always governed with a policy of subsidies of essential services,
* both those provided by the State as well as those provided by the private sector.
When our country became an EU member, the Maltese Government had to obey the union and abandon the subsidies policy that was an important factor for the economic and social programme that our country made following Independence.
With the removal of the subsidies,
* as ordered by the Union,
* the cost of living exploded,
* production expenses greatly increased,
* competitiveness decreased,
* a number of industries contracted,
* exports decreased,
* thousands of jobs were lost,
* the mass of the people became burdened with burdens that lower its standard of living,
* and poverty has again appeared in our country.
This is the bitter fruit for the loss of independence with Union membership and of the economic and social policy that the Union imposed upon the Government of our country.
How can the Government maintain that our country is independent when it needs to have permission from the European Union not to tax food and medicine?
When it does not have the right to allow spring hunting as it had promised and permit trapping as it has assured will not be stopped.
What independent country is this
* whose Government elected by the people
* does not have the power to conclude an agreement
* on the reform of the public transport
* with the charabancs owners,
* because the European Union wants it to publish a public tender for offers
* and the contract will be given to the highest bidder
* and the charabancs owners will have to stop working
* and go to register for work?
How can we pretend to be independent when infallibly every week,
* either the Prime Minister or some Minister,
* and a number of high Government officials
* have to go to Brussels to report to the Union
* on what is happening in our country,
* get the approval on how our affairs are going to be managed,
* what taxes and levies shall be made,
* what social services are reduced
* and what payments we have to make for them,
* and what measures are to be introduced in the budget?
Following EU membership, our will is no longer in our own hands.
The Union rules.
No longer is the will of the majority of the Maltese people implemented.
We have to submit to the will of the majority of the Union countries.
On top of the Prime Minister and Ministers there are the European Commissioners which are not elected by us.
With six members in the European Parliament of about 750 members, Malta does not have any strength.
With they system of majority voting in the Council of Ministers,
* the Maltese Ministers shall have to submit to the decisions taken by the Council
* with which they do not agree.
The Maltese Parliament shall have to pass the laws that the Union wants.
Our courts shall have to decide cases according to how the European Court decides to interpret the law.
All this makes us insist that we are no longer an independent people and that we have again become a people under foreigners yoke.
It is a great shame that we sold our peoples independence,
* and with it bit by bit our country is falling into foreigners hands
* who are getting the management of the main sectors,
* such as the banks,
* sea transport,
* the means of communications (GO, Vodafone, Melita etc),
* and with the privatization of the best and oldest industry that the people had – the Shipyard.
We have changed our currency,
* the Malta Lira,
* with two euros and thirty nine cents.
We ceded control on who is allowed to enter into our country, by becoming members in the Schengen zone.
We are inundated with illegal immigrants because that is what the Union wants us to do.
National debt increased and from millions became billions (thousand million).
Factories closed down,
* exports withered,
* unemployment increased by thousands,
* and we are under the yoke of the economic crisis that caused havoc to the Union.
We were not worse than this when we were not EU members.
We shall not be so bad
* when we get the courage
* and fight to gain independence from the Union.
The European Union Court decided that the Maltese Government did not get the derogation when it was negotiating the membership agreement in the Union so that spring hunting could be allowed.
The main point that emerges from this judgment is
* that it belies all the promises
* spoken and written
* that were given before the 2003 referendum by
* Fenech Adami,
* Joe Borg ( presently a European Commissioner),
* and Simon Busuttil (presently a member of the European Parliament).
The hunters and the rest of the Maltese and Gozitans were deceived to vote YES for EU membership.
From its side
* the European Union helped for this deceit to be * perpetrated
* because although it knew all the time
* about the promises being made to the hunters,
* it remained silent
* so as not to erase the effect of the promises
* so that the hunters
* and their family members
* vote yes for membership.
There are other points to be said for the European Union Court judgment.
Among other things the Court said
* that the quails and turtle doves
* are not protected species
* and are not threatened with extinction by hunting.
Once this is so,
* we ask,
* why should spring hunting for them
* be stopped?
The European Union Court gave the impression that spring hunting for quails and turtle doves may be allowed.
We do not understand why for a limited time in spring you can hunt quails and turtle doves, but you cannot do so during the whole spring migration season.
It is amazing how the European Union wise
* find it difficult to allow the Maltese and Gozitans
* to kill and eat quails and turtle doves,
* which is manna falling from heaven,
* and their conscience (if they have one) does not make them feel remorse
* that they permit and encourage
* the killing through abortion of innocent babies in their mothers womb.
* when the European Union reasons in this manner,
* why should the Maltese people
* submit to that
* the European Union treats the birds better
* than innocent babies before they are born,
* why should we accept to become partners with them
* and scorn the values that our people always endeared so much?
The judgment of the Union Court
* is a certificate
* of how the consent
* of the Maltese and Gozitans was stolen
* to vote YES for Union membership.
Once the consent of the people is found to have been vitiated by deceit,
* why should not the people have the right
* to insist that they are not bound
* by the false result of the 2003 referendum?
The hunters should be the first to fight for our country to get freedom again.
The big surprise that occurred at the last Election for the European parliament was the big win for the UK Independence Party got in the United Kingdom.
This Euro-sceptic party
that wants the UK to leave the European Union
got more votes than the Labour Party
that is in Government,
as well as than the Liberal-Democratic Party.
Notwithstanding that the total number of deputies allocated to the United Kingdom was reduced, the UKIP increased the number of deputies elected to 13 deputies.
Because the people of the United Kingdom are seeing many things happening that gives credit to this party that wants the country not to remain a member of the European Union. A recent case is this.
In a report that appeared in The Daily Telegraph of 25 August, 2009, it was said that:
“Video piracy law unenforceable”
In short the story is this.
In 1984 the Westminster Parliament passed the mentioned law called “Video Piracy Act”.
Its scope was to stop those who were selling copied videos and DVDs, and to stop the sale of pornographic material to children.
This law was passed by the Westminster Parliament, but they forgot one thing – no one informed the European Union with that law.
Now after 25 years that the law was enacted, it was found that it was no law at all since the EU was not informed about what the United Kingdom Government was going to do.
And once the European Union was not informed, it had not given its blessing for that law to be made.
Those persons who had been found guilty that they broke this law and were fined are going to be able to sue the United Kingdom Government for damages that they suffered.
The lesson that one takes from this “European” farce is that a state member in the European Union cannot govern its people if it does not first ask permission from the European Union.
hen there are some who wants to make the Maltese people swallow that our country is still independent and sovereign – as we are sure to hear during the celebrations on 21 september.
Every survey of public opinion in the United Kingdom shows that the Conservative Party led by David Cameron is moving to a great victory over the Labour Party in the General Election that has to be held not later than May 2010.
Although a Conservative win appears nearly certain, certain things may happen that will affect the extent of the victory.
One of the problems that the Leader of the Conservative Party has is that a considerable number of traditional Conservatives who are extremely Eurosceptic, can still vote for the UKIP that always consistent to put the interests of the United Kingdom before the interests of the European Union.
Unlike the Leader of the Conservative Party and his main speakers who are appearing frightened to express themselves without any hesitation on subjects that touch on the European Union.
This problem will get bigger if the Lisbon Treaty enters into effect which continues to increase the enormous controls that the European Union already has on the member states.
Among those who are warning the Conservative Party about this, there is the Conservative Member of the House of Lords, Lord Tebbit, who for some time was a minister in a Conservative Government, and Chairman of the Conservative Party.
It is being said that if the Conservative Party is not going to take a clear and rigid position on the European Union, Lord Tebbit may leave the party and go with the UKIP, that today is being taken with much more seriousness than before, after the excellent results that it got in the European Parliament election.
The UKIP is today led by Nigel Farage (who came to Malta in the 2003 Referendum campaign) and who has great charisma and ability to communicate.
His speeches, both in the European Parliament as well as on radio and television are like balsam, especially with the Euro-sceptics.
And the English people, do not forget, are in their majority, Euro-sceptic.
Thursday 17 September 2009
e-mail: cnimalta at yahoo.co.uk
Thank you for visiting our website
Do you want to help us regain our Independence and Freedom?
If yes, help CNI in its work so that the majority of the people would want to get rid of European Union rule.
Become a CNI member by sending €5 together with this application form to,
The Financial Secretary CNI,
60A Strait Street
Thank you for your help